UAEICP sets Procedures for Converting Tourist Visa to Residence
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship has provided comprehensive guidance on the conversion of tourist visas or visit visas into work and residence visas within the Emirates.
Introduction to Visa Conversion Procedures
This clarification, shared through the authority's social platform, emphasizes that the conversion process remains valid amid the implementation of the UAE's new visa system.
Timely Amendments for Conversion
Initiating many revisions prior to the expiration of the tourist or visit visa period is necessary for persons to successfully convert a tourist visa to a work-resident visa in the UAE. This preventative measure guarantees a seamless change within the bounds of the law.
Types of Visit Visas in the UAE
Before delving into the conversion process, it's crucial to understand the two types of visit visas in the UAE. The first is a short-term visit visa, valid for up to 30 days, allowing single or multiple entries. The second is a long-term visit visa lasting for 90 days, offering similar entry options. These visas can be obtained through airlines, travel agents, or the Emirati embassy in the applicant's home country.
Conditions for Tourist Visa to Residence Visa Conversion
The conversion process mandates specific conditions for eligibility:
- Timely Amendment: Amendments to tourist or visit visas must occur before their expiration.
- Passport Validity: The passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Notarized Employment Contract: A notarized employment contract is a prerequisite.
- Sponsorship Transfer: The transfer of sponsorship from the tourist sponsor to the relevant company or institution is essential.
- Financial Requirement: Payment of 600 UAE dirhams is required as an alternative to leaving the UAE territory.
- Photograph: Submission of a personal photo with a white background.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Valid Sponsor's License: The sponsor's license must be valid with no violations.
- Visa Cost: The cost of obtaining a visa is 3,600 UAE dirhams.
Efficient Processing and Residency Issuance
The Federal Authority for Identity and Citizenship's efficient streamlined conversion process is evident in the quick issuance of residency in the UAE following the successful submission of the application.