The emirates announces 4 conditions for students to obtain a golden visa

The Digital Government of the United Arab Emirates has established 4 conditions for the issuance of golden visas to first-time graduates of international colleges, and it has established 3 standards for excellent students of Emirati universities who do not have a guarantor

The government has said unequivocally that the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs and Ports Security (ICP) is the agency that is responsible for granting golden visas to the top graduates of international educational institutions:

Golden residence may be granted to the first graduates of international students who have met the following four conditions:

  • That the classification of foreign universities be among the best 100 in the world.
  • That the cumulative GPA of the bachelor's graduate should not be less than 3.5.
  • That the certificate must be approved by the Ministry of Education.

A recommendation letter from the university or a graduation certificate stating that the student's cumulative average is not Less than 3.5 in (A-ranked universities) or 3.8 in (B-ranked universities) is required, along with the necessity to have attended an Emirati university that is classified as either a "A" or "B" according to the classification approved by the Ministry of Education. The Digital Government added that outstanding Emirati university students can obtain a golden visa without a guarantor.

Conditions for obtaining golden residency
golden visa

Conditions for obtaining golden residency

The government also made it clear that a secondary school student who achieved a high ranking at the state level (with a grade of at least 95% in a secondary school that was either public or private) is eligible to obtain a 5-year residence visa without the need for a guarantor, provided that he submits a recommendation letter from the Emirates School Establishment (ESE). This was another point that was clarified.

If the student is currently enrolled at a college or university in the country and requires a study time that is longer than 5 years, then the visa can be renewed.

The student is permitted to live and study in the UAE provided that he is officially guaranteed by either one of the accredited universities or one of his parents who resides in the country. Additionally, the student affairs offices within the universities are required to facilitate the procedures for the student to obtain the visa, which will only be valid for one year.

It is possible to get it renewed for an identical period of time by presenting an official proof of continuous study that has been issued by one of the educational institutions of higher learning in the country.

After the age of 25, male residents can continue to live with their families as long as they provide written evidence that they have been accepted to a higher education institution for a period of at least one year. The government noted that residents can sponsor their male children until they reach the age of 25, and after that age, they can continue to live with their families as long as they provide this evidence.

Regardless of the applicant's age, a student visa can be obtained for a female student by the student's parent or legal guardian.

Additionally, the government has indicated that university students are permitted to bring their families to live with them in the UAE so long as they have the financial wherewithal to do so and sufficient housing.

Read also: the emirates announces free bicycles for 45 minutes

Follow Us on Follow Alwast News at Google News
Join Telegram channel